"This old dog has learned some new tricks!"
Grand Re-Opening Celebration Weekend
Party: July 21, 2016 5-10pm
All weekend: Live Music, Food and Drink Specials
Long a fixture in the neighborhood, The Black Dog in Lowertown has just completed a major remodel. We are pleased to now offer:
- A full bar, featuring classic cocktails made from local and other fine spirit
- Local craft beers
- A select wine list featuring sustainable, and / or organic wines from around the world
- Full Scratch Kitchen, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner with inspiration from the St. Paul Farmer’s Market
- Full Table service by the Black Dog’s famously friendly staff
- Expanded Stage with improved sight lines
Join us on Thursday July 21st for a great evening of live music, food and drink specials.
Music line up for our Grand Re-opening Celebration Weekend:
- Thursday: Howard “Guitar” Leudtke and Steve Kaminski at 7 pm
- Friday: Willie Murphy Trio at 8 pm
- Saturday: Saturday Night Jazz at The Black Dog presented by Steve Kenny. Lowertown Blues Fest Edition featuring The Old AQ’s “Tuesday Night Band with Kenny Horst, Bill Brown and Bill Franze at 9 pm. Plus, the Ted Godbout Trio opens at 7:30
The Black Dog, a longtime Lowertown favorite, is new again. After a year of planning and building, we now host a full scratch kitchen, full bar service, featuring classic cocktails, craft beers, a well selected wine list and table service. The fabulous Northern Warehouse space has opened up, and been described as a downright elegant, hybrid mix of casual dining, live music spot, and neighborhood cocktail bar. We hope you will join us on Thursday, July 21st for music, drinks and some great food. Mayor Coleman and Summit Brewing founder, Mark Stutrud, will be stepping in as Celebrity Bartenders!
Well known for its music scene, Black Dog offers live music 5 nights a week. Featuring a wide variety of music from Jazz to klezmer and folk with such regulars as The Poor Nobody's, Saturday Night Jazz, Machinery Hill, Dean Magraw and more, the listening experience at the Black Dog is now enhanced by our full kitchen and full bar.
The fabulous main room has a whole new look. It has been opened up to improve sight lines to the stage and better seating for patrons. The setting, designed with Jacqueline Fortier Designs (www.jacquelinefortier.com) and executed by Flannery Construction (www.flanneryconstruction.com), has been described as elegant, yet warm and welcoming. We hope people will think of the Black Dog in Lowertown as their neighborhood spot, wherever they live.
The new menu focuses on local, sustainably produced food and drinks. Breakfast (and weekend Brunch) through dinner, we serve well-made scratch food, featuring hand cut fries, burgers, fried chicken sandwich, omelets, creative salads inspired by the Farmers Market (across the street) and more.
Look for our happy hour “Happy Meal”: Johnny’s 49er Burger— a nod to our Dad, a pitcher for the Duluth Dukes back in the day -- and Beer for $10, coming soon. The menu is still in development so be on the lookout for more new features to be added soon.
For more information, contact us at 651-228-9274
Follow the Black Dog on social media at: